Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Back by popular demand! If you haven't noticed, I have definitely been slacking in the whole blogging department. It has been crazy busy over here and I really didn't think anyone looked at it.

Caden is about to turn three. He has been getting big lately. It is definitely true when they say once they start talking, they never stop. His new favorite thing is Star Wars and he can turn anything into a lightsaber. He is getting so creative and has a huge imagination. We aren't having a big party for him this year, but we are going to have a family one. I will post about it once it happens. I am finally putting Caden into a toddler bed. Yes....he is still in a crib. He doesn't even try to attempt to get out. I will be attempting to potty-training him as well. I am not too excited...but it has got to be done, right? He has definitely been more interested in the potty lately so I was just waiting for the time for him to be ready.

Lola has been growing up so fast. She is 9 months today. We actually just came back from the doctor's office. She is crawling, clapping, and loves to show us her new tricks. Her new one is to pull herself up onto something and lets go. "Look at me. No hands!" She is getting so good at it. She has two little teeth on the bottom. She loves to eat whatever we are. She tends to refuse the bottle, but at least she is eating something. She is our human vacuum cleaner. She can find the smallest things on the carpet, even after I actually vacuum. She is such a daddy's girl, even though he is home a few hours in a day. Once he comes home, she drops everything and goes right to daddy. She is such a joy. This is one of my favorite stages of babies.

Here are more recent pictures of my bubba and baby bug!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! I was starting to think you had abandoned the blog! They are getting to big! they just grow up so fast, don't they (wipe a tear)!

Delee said...

So cute! It's great to hear from you. Good luck with getting Caden into a big boy bed! And let me know how potty training goes! I'm definately waiting till Jaxson's closer to three. Happy Valentine's Day!

Andi said...

I want to see Lola! I love hearing what she's up to, especially since we're almost exactly two months behind you! If it makes you feel better, Pete and Jen still have Abby in a crib too and I never thought anything of it :)