Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What's up, Brusiks?




Just wanted to update what was going on around the Brusik house. We have been super busy doing home projects and spring cleaning. We had to clear our whole house to get our carpets cleaned. We still have tons in our garage because we are also getting ready for our annual neighborhood yard sale. We redid our bedroom closet. We wanted to maximize the space for all of Greg's clothes. Seriously, he has way more clothes than me! We have put furniture together that we got from Ikea. We just finished our yard. We have slowly been doing work on our yard, but after 3 years I think we might be finished. I will post pictures of it soon. We added flowers, a tree, and got rid of those pesky dandelions. We are currently, well actually Greg is, putting up a shed at the end of our driveway. We have kept busy and we are thinking that we are done with all of this, but it never ends. There is always some kind of project or somthing comes up that needs attention. I have been tempted to move to a townhome next because we won't have to worry about a yard. I hate weeds!

The kids and I have been taking advantage of the wonderful weather here. It hasn't gotten scorching hot yet and I hope that lasts a while. I can't stand it being so hot that you can't even go outside unless it is early in the morning or late at night. We have enjoyed playing out side everyday and the kids have loved being able to stay up a little later now that it stays light longer. Lola just had her 1 year appointment and she is 18 pounds, which means she still can't face forward in the car. I call her a "walking ballerina." She walks around and sort of dances. She looks like she is going to fall, but she keeps going and seems to not have much control over her legs. It is so funny because it looks like her legs are moving faster than the rest of her body. Her hair is getting longer so I am able to give her a "fountain" or two on the top of her head. Caden and Lola have been playing so well together. They will go off for an hour and do whatever in their rooms. I am loving it. Caden has been doing great with sharing with her. I usually just have to ask once. He finally got it after a year. He now protects her from other kids too. He has the whole biking thing going, except that he doesn't turn the wheels when he needs to so he runs into things and gets frustrated so he would rather run. He is a pretty good runner, so he is just like his daddy.

Well I gotta end this. I am writing an essay here so just wanted to fill you in what was going on here in good old Spanish Fork.

3 comments:

Di said...

They are getting soooo big! I can't wait to see them again. Funny thing Lyla has the same orange dress for next summer. And i think she has the red outfit too! Well there names are the same so in only fits that they were the same clothes.

Andi said...

How fun. I love hearing all the updates. I want to see pictures of all of your projects. I've been doing some spring cleaning, but nothing like what you've been tackling. Hope to see you soon.

Tara said...

What cuties! It sounds like things couldn't be better down there! That's so good to hear!!!