Monday, January 5, 2009

Back from Break!

Well it has been a while since my last post and has been crazy with all the holidays. We have gotten plenty of snow storms to keep us stuck in the house. Everybody seems to be getting hit, even my parents in Seattle. In Seattle, no one seems to function in the snow. My dad and brother haven't been able to drive to work or drive to the store for my mom so my brother walks to the store to get a few things or just to do something. It is crazy! I wish Greg didn't have to go to work because he couldn't drive, but by the time we wake up, all the roads are already plowed. Why does Utah have to be prepared for snow? It sometimes stinks! :)

Our break was so much fun. We played in the snow, went to the Festival of Lights, went to the Children's Museum, and hung out with friends and family.

Christmas was wonderful. We always get together with Greg's family for Christmas Eve dinner. It was very low key with ham and turkey sandwiches and appetizers. It was great and so fun for the kids. We had a white elephant exchange, sang songs, and did our secret santa gifts for the family. We didn't get home until really late and the kids were zonked out. They weren't even awake to open their Xmas even jammies, but we put them on them anyway. Christmas day was just the best. Hanging around in pjs all day, having a wonderful breakfast, and just chillin. The kids opened their stockings and we only gave a couple of presents, like books and games. We played in the snow and made snowmen and family came to visit so it was very quiet and relaxing.

Growing up, I didn't grow up celebrating Christmas and so I don't go all out. We buy our kids tons of stuff throughout the year and we have Chinese New Year and their birthdays soon after so there isn't a need to go crazy. That's great if you do, but sometimes it isn't feesable. One tradition with Greg and I that has stayed since we have been together is we never wait to give each other our gifts. We can't help it. We make the kids wait, but we just don't. We like that tradition.



Greg had the rest of the week off so we just hung out and shopped. It was so much fun. I love it when Greg doesn't have to work and we do nothing all day. It is the best!


For New Years, we hung with the Wetzel crew until 230am. We played games and ate party food. At midnight, we lit fireworks and confetti poppers. It was a great New Year and we paid for it the next morning. It wasn't too hard to get up, but Greg and I took turns napping in the morning and we both napped in the afternoon. Now that is New Years. A day full of naps. Way to start the new year.



The past couple of weeks have been crazy and the new year is going to be even crazier!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

It's good to hear about you guys again! I saw your cute snowmen on Saturday when I was driving by.

Andi said...

hey my dear! Glad you had a fun holiday! Now that we can all think again, let's play :) I saw your mom while I was in Seattle. She's so sweet as always. And the snow there was insane! 16 inches we measured!!

Karen Martin said...

Mala!! It's Karen (Kupfer) Martin from the good ol' BYU days. I just saw your link on Becca's blog. How fun, your fam is so cute!! My blog is http://karenkmartin.blogspot.com/.