Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here was my contribution to our family Thanksgiving dinner. I love making fruit bouquets for family gatherings. This was my first time making it without melons because they are too expensive and out of season. The chocolate covered strawberries were a hit. I made a yummy fruit dip to go with it too. Excuse me for my messy kitchen. It was a crazy morning.

I hope you had a delicious Thanksgiving. As we think about this year, we could think everything that went wrong or what we struggled with. It is so much easier sometimes to concentrate on the bad. There is so much to be thankful for, even the small things. Pondering over the past year for me, here are a few things I am thankful for.

1. Exchanging our truck for our car. It has helped it out so much with the high gas prices and we love it even more that the prices have dropped so much. It hasn't been one year and we have put 20,000 miles on it. We drive it EVERYWHERE!

2. My children. From Caden finally getting potty-trained to him going to preschool and Lola feeding herself to walking on her own. They have grown up so much the past year!

3. Greg's job stability. Since we have been married we have lived in 5 homes and we just celebrated 5 years of marriage and lived in our house for the past 3 years. It was chaotic the first couple of years, but with the disastrous economy, we have been blessed with Greg's job stabilty, for both of his jobs.

4. My best friends. You know who you are. I have had shares of ups and downs and so have you. We have been through the past year full of long talks and laughs. I love you all!

5. My family. I am grateful for them to be alive. I have noticed that we all are aging and especially my parents, they aren't getting any younger. I am so happy they don't have to work as much and I get to talk to my mom whenever I want instead of appointed day and times. We need to go to Seattle soon!

Well that is a few things I am thankful for. I wish I could add that I am done with my Christmas shopping, but I just have a few more things, so not too bad.

3 comments:

Delee said...

Wow! That looks amazing and so delicious! I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!

Kerri said...

Wow! I didn't know you could make those! You should teach me.

Andi said...

Haha. That fruit thing looks familiar! You did a great job on it. All very good things to be thankful for. I'm glad you had a good holiday. And as always, we need to get together soon :)