Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight Night!

So the night finally came. Twilight T-shirt...check! Twilight tickets for the 12:20 am showing Friday morning...check! Fun girlfriends to come with me...check! Purse full of card games to play in line...check! I don't think I forgot anything. Actually I did, a blanket and socks.



So the night started off with going out to dinner at Chili's. A place you just can't go wrong. Stef, Kerri, and I started off with caffeinated soda pop to help us get through the night and appetizers. The nachos and chips and salsa were delicious! After a lot of salty foods, we had to end it with their scrumptious molten chocolate cake. Dinner was full of laughs and casual flirting with our waiter :) Before we knew it, a couple of hours passed. We drove to the new theater by the mall and we had a hard time finding a parking lot and there were lines waiting outside for the movie. It was freezing. I had a hoodie, not even a good winter jacket and I was wearing flats with no socks. I was pretty cold. Luckily, there was a baby blanket in the car that Stef was kind enough to share with me. We were able to find our line and made a couple of friends in line, who ended up letting us borrow a blanket and bought us cocoa. It was great bonding time with fellow Twilighters. We weren't in line too long, it went by really fast. The movie started and there were too many squeals and giggles for me. I admit it, I did it occassionally, but what do you expect from a bunch of girls obsessed with Twilight at 1 in the morning. It gets a little crazy! I did like the movie, not loved it, but it was good. What do you really expect from a teenage love story that involves vampires and werewolves? It was a great night and so much fun. We even talked about doing it again. It was definitely worth going to bed at 330am!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I had a blast! We definitely have to go to the next ones together!

Wetzel Family said...

Yes, it was so much fun. The experience alone was worth it. I am so grateful for great friends who'll do crazy things with me!