Thursday, October 9, 2008

He is not a baby anymore...

So Caden has grown up. He will always be MY baby, but he can't stand it that I call him that. A few of reasons why he isn't a baby anymore.

1. Today, he didn't need me to walk him into his school. He wanted to do it himself. I let him out of the car and he had to make sure I didn't move from the car. He kept on telling me to stay and finally he ran off and said bye...tear.

2. He now goes potty standing up. He figured that out on his own and prefers it that way compared to sitting down.. We have had only a couple of minor accidents, but in general, he has pretty good aim.

3. Instead of me telling him stories, he tells me the stories and reads me the books before going to bed. He is so creative and imaginative.

4. He picks out his outfits and dresses himself (with shoes) pretty much everyday. He freaks out when I pick out his clothes for him. He does like to wear the same clothes over again, but those are his favorites. When we got shopping, he actually has an opinion on what he wants to buy. It sometimes drives me crazy because he will pass up a really cute outfit. He rarely matches and I just try to ignore it (as much as I want to change his clothes).

5. He get his own snacks for himself from the pantry and in the refrigerator. I love it when he gets snacks for me and Lola too. Apple for Caden, carrots for mom, and string cheese for Lola :) As long as I provide him with a cup or bowl, he does the rest. I love it!

My Caden is growing up and he is just going to get bigger. I wish I could rely on Lola being my baby, but it seems like she is growing up as fast as her big brother.

My baby at 6 months

3 years later...

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Maula, ypou'r ekids are adorable! Lola was so cute at Stef's house the other night. She was doing the cutest things and Cayden says the cutest things. He told me all about the dog that hurt you at his uncles house and you said "bad dog"! Lola loved playing with Jonah, he's like another baby doll to her. She even shared her baby with him. You should be very proud of your 2 little cuties.

Wetzel Family said...

I love it when he tells you off. I know that's bad but it's really funny! Aren't you glad he didn't start it sooner.:)