Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Every year, well since Caden could walk, we have always gone to a pumpkin patch. Last we went twice and this year we will probably go at least twice. There is a fun one that we go to that is south of us. I went with my mom's group yesterday and it was a great and sunny day. We were able to go on a hay ride, which last year there was hay and this year, they made a bench to sit on. So the hay ride went through the orchards and stopped at the pumpkin patch. The kids had a blast looking for their own pumpkins. The rule is, if you can carry it by yourself, you can bring it home. Maybe I ruin it for my kids because they don't get a big pumpkin, but you aren't the ones carrying the pumpkins my kids choose. At pumpkin patches, that is the rule, but when Greg comes with us, we get the big ones. He's the one with the muscles :) So the kids grabbed mini ones. We got donuts, a coloring book, and had ice cream. It was about 85 degrees so it was a wonderful day to pick pumpkins.



3 comments:

Delee said...

I love the doughnuts from the punmpkin patch! You have been doing a lot of fun things lately, I wish we were there with you! Have a great Halloween. Are you doing a family theme this year?

Kerri said...

That sounds so fun! You'll have to let me know which one you went to.

Wetzel Family said...

Fun! Maybe I'll talk Jonathan into going to.