Saturday, September 13, 2008

Diggin' Denver


Greg had a work conference last week that was in Denver, Colorado. It was for a couple of days and we made arrangements for a little trip, just the two of us! Greg's wonderful parents were so kind to watch Caden and Lola for us. It was pretty much a two-day, two-night trip- the longest we have been away from the kids. We had a really good time, but it is great to be home.

We decided to fly instead of driving, which was the original plan. Greg had his work conference all day Thursday and half of Friday. He learned a lot, but it was really to network. I got to relax. I ordered room service, slept in, and got to read. I brought The Nanny Diaries, which I finished while we were there. It was a good, fast read. We had a networking dinner filled with good food, a magic show, and dancing. We shopped (which is one of our favorite things to do together) and before we knew it, it was time to head home. The time went by so fast.

The kids loved being with Grandma and Grandpa. Lola got sick on Thursday so I got really worried. She is still a little sick. She was the kind of sick that she was tired and just laid around a lot, instead of crying all day, so that was good for the grandparents. Of course, since we have been home, she cries a lot. Caden had a blast and on our way home and before going to bed he kept calling us Grandma and Grandpa. It was so funny.

I asked Caden if he had a fun time, he said, "Yes.I love Grandma and Grandpa." I asked Caden if he was a good boy. His response..."No, I was a bad boy." I asked him what he did. "I threw sand everywhere and I hit Lola in the face with my robot." I had to laugh, but I am sure glad he is so honest.

We are so happy it worked out, even though Lola got sick. I am so happy they were good. Now we are thinking of doing this more often. Hopefully the grandparents agree to it. It was a fun and successful trip to Denver. Denver is big and busy. We like it a lot. A potential place to move to.

3 comments:

Delee said...

Wow, a trip without kids! I'm so jealous! It sounds like you had a great time. I hope we can get together in WA sometime!

Kerri said...

I love that Caden told you he was a bad boy like it's justa normal thing! How cute. Well I'm glad you had fun! So would you recommend the Nanny Diaries?

Hannah Yoon said...

oh fun - you will need to tell me more - phone call soon!