Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two Breaks

My husband spoils me sometimes, well a lot of the time. Greg does so much for me and he is just great at letting me have a break when I need it and want it. This week is just an good example of how great he is. On Tuesday, I got to go to dinner with my friend Rach and we went out shopping so I was out until 10pm. It was a blast! Then last night, I got to go out again.

I don't know if you know this about me, but I have been going to a Mom's "club" for the past year. I needed to expand my horizons and meet moms around here. You just don't realize how many other mothers are trying to do the same and how hard it is to make some friends. I saw that there was a mom's group in my area and I decided on going. It has been a year so far and it has been a great. It started to be a large group with random people coming to outings, but now there is a good 7 of us that come to hang out regularly. We go to parks, go to someone's house, go somewhere and just let the kids play while us moms hang out. Every month, we try, we leave our husbands and either go to a movie, go to dinner, or have a game night. Last night was a dinner night and we went to PF Changs. Of course I had some lettuce wraps. You can't go there without getting those. I also got the lo mein and all six of us shared the Great Wall of Chocolate. Just a wonderful night, with good food and even better company. I had a great time and it has been so great to have something to look forward to each week. It is nice to have support system and it is unbelievable that none of us knew anybody and we came together to look for the same thing. The moms in the group are so much fun and my kids have a blast. Here is a picture of some of the group during the summer.

1 comments:

Wetzel Family said...

You are sooo lucky! While you get to go out and have fun I'm stuck watching your husband play with mine...okay that doesn't sound right. Get that thought out of your head! You know what I mean! You can edit this comment if you want.:0)