Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spinning

A little intimidating at first because you can burn up to 1000 calories/hour. In general, what is spinning. Spinning is a class offered through the community and gyms that have you ride on stationary bikes to lively music to get a cardio workout. I was scared at first, but one of my best friends, Stef, went with her husband one time and thought I would like it. Before we were going to yoga and pump classes so we needed a different scene. We went and we loved it. The class is 45 minutes, has awesome music that just pumps you up, our instructor Brian is so motivating, and it is completely dark. If you want a great cardio workout, go for it. Make sure you bring a water bottle and towel. Seriously, you need it. Hopefully your class doesn't start at 5:15am like ours does!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm going to try the one through the city this fall. Can't wait!

Wetzel Family said...

I'm so glad we go together too! :)

Hannah Yoon said...

Oh my gosh! Spinning is absolutely my favorite work out ever. SO HARD, but SO GOOD. Keep it up! Thats so good for you :) When you are here we can go to a class together at 24 - I have a guest pass!

Sarah Pugmire said...

All I have to say is 5:15!!! You are VERY brave.