Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to Reality!


Well I have finally come back to reality and just finished Breaking Dawn. I thought I was going to take my time, but I think 2 days was long enough, don't you? Greg was kind enough to be with the kids while I was in my own world.

9:00am-Let's start with Friday morning. So, I decided to wait in line for my wristbands for Rachel and I to get our book that night at midnight. I got to Barnes & Noble at 9:15am and they started to give them out at 9am. When I arrived in the parking lot, there was a huge line in the front of the store and I couldn't even see the end of it. I started around to the side of the store and line continued to stretch. I went around back and it kept going until it finally stopped after 3.5 sides of the building. Was it really worth it? What time did the first ones come? I had to call Rachel and ask her if she still wanted to do it. I called Greg and he wanted me to come home. Greg had work off so it worked our perfectly that he watched the kids. So what did I decide? Rachel got her sister-in-law to watch her kids and she came to wait with me. How often do I get to do this? It was getting really hot waiting in line and I was just hoping to get around the corner of the building to hit some shade. It finally happened after an HOUR. Was it still worth it? I tried to call Rach, but she had already left so I will just wait for her and then leave. Sure enough, she came and we stayed in line. There were women, all different ages, moms their teens, tots, and babies. It was unbelievable! After 2 hours of waiting, we finally got our wristbands and we were the letters F.

6pm- Heading over to Rachel's new condo that her and Hiro just bought. Super cute by the way! We started our fabulous T-shirts. We decided to put I Edward in the front and Bite Me! in the back. It took us a little longer that we thought, but we still had all night to get to the book party.


8:00-We went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, which was amazing. We ordered all appetizers. Thank goodness for free/no workout days and fried foods. Rachel and Hiro had gift cards for it and it covered our food and tip. Thanks again, Rach.

9:30-We headed over to Barnes & Noble and it is just packed and crazy. They fortune telling, face painting, a fashion show, and live music. They kicked everyone out at 11pm to form in more lines outside of the building. I bought 2 magazines and we read and played games. It was so much fun. It was also hot, stinky, sweaty, and crowded. They finally opened it up again at midnight and we went to alphabetic order to get our books.

12:45-We got our books, yay! We got them and then we went home. Isn't that crazy? You do all that and wait in lines forever and you get your book finally and then you just go home. Greg just asked, "that's it?" and I said, "that's it." It was fun and it was a great night without the kids. Some people brought their kids and I probably would've gone nuts.

1 to 1:30- Got home and went to bed. Some people, probably most, stay up and read the book, but I was exhausted. I have been waiting in line all day.

Saturday- I read most of the day and I went to bed at 1am. The book is really good and I can't really find a place to stop, but my eyes were doing tricks on me so I had to and go to bed.

Sunday afternoon- Finally, I'm done! There are a couple of things I wish would've happened, but all in all, a good way to end the madness that is Twilight. I can't wait for the midnight showing of Twilight the movie in December.

If you haven't read them, they are easy, enjoyable reads. I would recommend them. I gotta find me another book. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Delee said...

Steve can't wait to read the book too. He's getting it tomorrow.
It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Some days I would rather stand in a line for hours then stay home with the kids, too. :) It's fun to do things like that, I love Girls Nights! Your T-shirts were hilarious!
That's funny about your "free days" from healthy eating. We have those too, usually on the weekends. Good times.

Sarah Pugmire said...

I can't believe you finished it already! Im proud of you, and I love your T shirts! We made them too! and thanks for the heads up on the book, I had no idea!

Andi said...

haha. that is so funny! Way to go Mala! So would it kill you to know that my sister in law walked in on Saturday morning, picked up a book, walked to the front and paid for it and that was it?? haha. I'm sure the madness was the whole fun of it, but I'll be reading it soon too.

Kerri said...

I am purposely not reading your whole blog on this just in case it says something, but I'm 3/4 of the way done with it and loving it so far. I also can't wait for the midnight showing of the movie!