Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Having Fun and Keeping Busy

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.






After my eventful weekend of Breaking Dawn, I didn't know what to do with myself. I wanted to reread it. I needed to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think about it. I continued the whole potty thing with Caden which has gone great and he even wakes up at night to go, which I still put a pull-up on him, just in case. He hates the pull-up because he knows that it is time to go to bed. On Monday, he got enrolled in a preschool that I am super excited about. He keeps bringing it up everyday and I have to keep reminding him that it doesn't start for a few weeks. Tuesday, a friend and I made jam for the first time and it was surprisingly easy. We made apricot-pineapple freezer jam and I am excited to make more because we love freezer jam. I never knew how to make it because I thought it was hard so we would always take some from Greg's mom. Now I know what to do, we don't have to do that anymore. Wednesday, Rachel and I had a date night. We went to dinner at Red Robin, which was really good, and then we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We were in the front row and it was such a good chick flick. It made me laugh and teary-eyed. It was really good! I would totally recommend this movie to those that are in the mood for a good chick flick. In addition, it had awesome previews, especially the Twilight and Harry Potter:Half-Blood Prince. This year is a great year for movies. The rest of the week, I went school shopping for the kids. Yes, I said KIDS. It is only natural for me to buy school clothes for both Caden and LOLA. How can I not when girl clothes are so cute? Greg had to work all weekend and I ended the week with bridesmaid dress shopping. I have been staying up late looking online for weddings, on a budget, ideas for my BFF Hannah. It can get difficult when I am here and she is in WA. We communicate through email and IM. It is coming along and I picked a pretty, purple dress. I never realized how expensive weddings can be. Do you have any ideas to keep weddings in a reasonable budget? If you are married, what did you do to keep the costs low? Please help me out so I can pass along the info.

It was an eventful week last week and it is just getting crazier as the summer comes to an end. Oh, I forgot to mention we watch the Olympics every night until 11. We love the Olympics!

2 comments:

Sarah Pugmire said...

Its really to bad I live so far away, because when I read your blog, I find that you and I are often on the same wavelength! ie twilight series, harry potter, sisterhood of the traveling pants etc. Seriously I think we would be best friends and hang out every day!!

Tara said...

What is up? What a darling family!!! Greg...Congrats on such a beautiful wife and the cutest kids! It's been a long time. I would love to meet them all!! I'm with ya on the Twlight Saga!! LOVE IT!!!! Darling Blog!!!
Tara Donnelly