Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Happy Days!


It has been a great weekend. It started out with me turning the big 2-5! Oh time flies! A quarter of a century...CRAZY! Well looking at the events of my life, I thought when I turned 25 I would have just gotten married, maybe pregnant. Well I have two kids now and my oldest is about to start school and Lola is already 15 months, walking and talking. It is amazing, but I feel older or I should be older because many people my age, outside of Utah, are either getting married or still playing the field. I wouldn't want to trade. I like how I did it all at a young age. It makes me happy being a young mom and thinking about being a young G-ma. Did I have goals I wanted to reach by the time I turned 25? Possibly. I tend to put my goals in Greg's timeline. Especially when 30 seems like around the corner for him and I will not turn 30 at all.

Let me tell you about my bday because I consider it the best I probably have had. It started on Thursday night when Greg surprised me with a spa night. I had a facial and a massage, which was so relaxing and great. If you know Greg and I at all, we don't do well with surprises. We tend to open our Christmas presents early every year and then wrap them so we have presents on the bottom of the tree. If Greg does surprise me, I have a tendency to return it. I told him to get me whatever and you should be proud of me for not actually having something specific in mind. In the morning, he let me sleep in, made me breakfast, and I got to go get a pedicure and my hair styled. We made arrangements to drop off the kids with Grandma and Grandpa.


Anniversary Time! We celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We made reservations at the Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Lighthouse Suite. It was a lot of fun and relaxing. We went out to dinner at Flemings at the Gateway and watched a movie. Saturday we went shopping, which we were in line at Old Navy for an HOUR. The jeans were $12 and we all needed some new ones. It was nice to not have the kids with us. We sometimes forget how much fun it is just the two of us is. We need to do this more often. It was a blast and the kids had a blast with the grandparents. 5 years...Who would've thought that after 1 night of making out would lead to this!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I haven't called. Busy busy. Happy birthday. Anniversary. Summer. Loves.

Wetzel Family said...

I can't believe you put gross details about you and Greg before you were married. Lucky for your blog readers, you didn't put any details about your night away without the kids. Ha Ha. No, I'm just jealous. It sound like a lot of fun. Just let me know when you can watch my kids :).

Kerri said...

Happy Anniversary!

Robb and Cindy said...

Congrats to 5 years. We miss you guys a lot.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Mala and Happy Anniversary to you both!!! What a cute story. You really got spoiled....with all you do as a mom, you deserved every bit of it!

Kerri said...

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday too!

Andi said...

Glad you had a great time!! when can I take you to lunch for your BDay?? I was in California last week with the fam and just got back last night, so sorry for the delay. After knowing you for TWENTY YEARS though, hopefully you'll forgive me. I'm pretty sure besides family, you're the only one I can say that about. haha.